Other ways to help us help you
Phone after 10.30 am for lab results and administrative problems.
Use the auto check-in. It is quick and easy and allows receptionists to do other tasks. It saves you having to queue.
Order and collect prescriptions from the chemist rather than reception – it is more efficient for everyone. (If you prefer to collect from reception, we have a 24 hour a day, 7 day a week telephone line where you can leave your prescription requests- 01787 479889).
Use the online booking facility to make appointments. To register for our online service, please come to the surgery with ID (Passport or driving license) and ask for a user name and password. Once you have registered for SystmOnline you can book via the internet. An App is available in the iTunes store for iPad and iPhone users.
Use our website www.elizabethcourtauld.gpsurgery.net for advice, addresses and links to other services. You can also call NHS111 for advice 24 hours a day.
Please cancel your appointment if you no longer need it, so we can see someone else.
If you are late for an appointment, please ask reception staff to find out from the clinician if they will be able to see you during that clinic. Our clinics are mostly fully booked and we are not always able to fit in late arrivals. It is unfair on patients who have arrived on time to be made to wait for ones who have been “fitted in”.
Please be patient and polite to our staff – they are here to help you.
Advanced Access – Once your GP has agreed that your appointment request is appropriate they will be able to book you an advanced appointment, usually up to 6 weeks ahead.
For more information on how to register, please read our ‘Services’ page.
We are committed to helping you look after your health. This is made possible by working together as a partnership.
What we will do for you
- We will treat you with courtesy and respect at all times
- We will treat you as a partner – explaining any medical conditions and discussing possible treatments.
- We will keep the contents of your health records and discuss them with your doctor, subject to any limitations in the law.
- We will keep the contents of your health records completely confidential.
- We will respond immediately to life-threatening conditions.
- We will see you the same day for urgent problems.
- We will not keep you waiting at the surgery for more than 30 minutes without an explanation.
- We will refer you to a specialist when your doctor thinks it is necessary.
- We will refer you for a second opinion when you and your doctor think it is necessary.
- We will do our best to obtain good quality hospital services for you.
- We will listen to any complaints about our service, and reply within two working days.
- We will help you to get the best from our services, and tell you if you are misusing them.
What you can do for us
- Treat us with courtesy and respect at all times
- Try not to waste the doctor’s time with minor ailments – a pharmacist can offer good advice for these.
- Use emergency services only in a genuine emergency.
- Cancel appointments you no longer need, so that someone else may use them.
- Please only ask for a home visit if the patient cannot attend the surgery through illness or infirmity.
- Tell us how we may improve our services. Constructive advice is always welcome.