We are committed to helping you look after your health. This is made possible by working together as a partnership.
What we will do for you
- We will treat you with courtesy and respect at all times
- We will treat you as a partner – explaining any medical conditions and discussing possible treatments.
- We will keep the contents of your health records and discuss them with your doctor, subject to any limitations in the law.
- We will keep the contents of your health records completely confidential.
- We will respond immediately to life-threatening conditions.
- We will see you the same day for urgent problems.
- We will not keep you waiting at the surgery for more than 30 minutes without an explanation.
- We will refer you to a specialist when your doctor thinks it is necessary.
- We will refer you for a second opinion when you and your doctor think it is necessary.
- We will do our best to obtain good quality hospital services for you.
- We will listen to any complaints about our service, and reply within two working days.
- We will help you to get the best from our services, and tell you if you are misusing them.
What you can do for us
- Treat us with courtesy and respect at all times
- Try not to waste the doctor’s time with minor ailments – a pharmacist can offer good advice for these.
- Use emergency services only in a genuine emergency.
- Cancel appointments you no longer need, so that someone else may use them.
- Please only ask for a home visit if the patient cannot attend the surgery through illness or infirmity.
- Tell us how we may improve our services. Constructive advice is always welcome.