We will now be charging a fee of £20.00 for private prescriptions.
If you are taking prescribed treatment this will be issued through our computerised repeat prescription service. There are six ways of obtaining repeat prescriptions: 2 working days are required, so please plan ahead – especially at holiday times.
- Telephone our dedicated prescription line 01787 479889 with your request, anytime of the day. If we are unable to take your call you can leave a message, leave us your name, date of birth and the items you require from your repeat prescription list. Allow 2 working days for collection. This facility will change from the 1st January 2018 and you will no longer be able to request prescriptions over the phone.
- Place your repeat prescription request in the box in the waiting room.
- Send in your repeat prescription by post.
- Send in your repeat prescription by fax on 01787 474506.
- The local chemists operate a system whereby you can order your regular medication from them. They will obtain the prescription from us and have your medication prepared and ready for you to collect.
- Complete our on-line form which will e-mail your request to us. Your request will be confirmed by return e-mail.
We are keen to ensure that patients with ongoing medical problems are monitored regularly. If the date for your next review with a doctor or nurse has passed you will be asked to make an appointment.
Electronic Prescription Service (EPS)
Patients can use the Electronic Prescription Service. This will allow you to NOMINATE your pharmacy of choice. Once you have done this you don’t have to come back to the surgery to pick up your prescription. We will send it electronically to your nominated pharmacy and you can go there to pick up your medications. For more information see the EPS website
Prescription Order Line
Please telephone 01787 479889 anytime of the day or night. If we are unable to take your call, please leave a message. Please give us;
- Your Name
- Date of Birth
- The items you require from your repeat prescription list.
- Allow 2 working days to prepare your prescription.
- The name of the NOMINATED pharmacy where you would like to collect your prescription. (Give us the name and address of your chemist – there are two Boots, two CoOp and two Day Lewis Pharmacies in the area not to mention all the other options.
You can request prescriptions online (once you have registered for SystmOnline), please click here.
To e-mail your repeat prescription requests, click here.